FIA Freight has one of the largest specialized fleet networks in the Southeast United States. Our heavy haul team will provide you with a comprehensive plan to move your cargo. Safety is always first and nothing is ever left to chance.
With one of the largest specialized heavy haul fleet networks in the Southeast United States, FIA Freight is equipped to meet all of your heavy haul needs. FIA can haul some of the heaviest and most unique pieces with its extensive network of equipment. By having a variety of trailers and configurations in our network, FIA has the ability to offer the best equipped trailer for your specific requirements.
When you hire FIA Freight to be your partner, the heavy haul team will design a comprehensive plan for your shipments. Using a collaborative approach, our heavy haul team works closely with the client to understand the intricacies of the shipment and any special requests that must be adhered to when transporting their product. Once these expectations are communicated to FIA the heavy haul team then commences to providing a timely and cost-efficient solution.
In the initial stages of a complex project, our heavy haul team, including FIA Freight’s transportation and permit experts, work in concert to provide the most feasible and cost effective transport solution for the size and dimensions of the piece. In conjunction with determining the appropriate trailer, the heavy haul team then conducts site and route surveys. Once the surveys are conducted, the permit team communicates with the Department of Transportation (DOT) to secure the appropriate road permits. If modifications or upgrades are required for the roadways then FIA Freight interfaces directly with local contractors to ensure that the modifications concur with specifications and are in accordance with all safety regulations.
Finally, during the execution phase of a heavy haul project, nothing is left to chance. Our heavy haul team follows the carefully designed transportation plan to the final detail. Public safety is always first while transporting heavy haul shipments. The end result is a heavy haul shipment delivered safely, cost efficient and on time.
- Land dolls
- Step decks
- Low boys
- RGN’s (up to 9 axel)
- Extendable trailer to haul up to 250,000 pounds
- Blanket overweigh permits
- In-house DOT approved escorts for out of gauge loads
- Bonded carriers for ocean port related loads
- Drivers with TWIC cards for ocean port related moves
- Drivers with TSA approval for airport related moves
- All trucks are on GPS and can be tracked through our real-time tracking application on FIAfreight.com
- All proof of deliveries (POD’s) are sent electronically with digital signature from receiving warehouse
- Clients: construction companies, freight forwarders moving flat racks or open top containers, manufactures and many more